Friday, September 19, 2008

Glasshouse 100 2008



I had a few days off after GH this year which was cool. Had a blast last weekend, so glad I managed to make it this year. As others mentioned on CR, there really is a sense of family up there. This was my 4th run and most definitely my toughest. It was hot and I was on the verge of bonking most of the day, but rallied to run a strong second half. I was rapt to finish 2nd (again) and particularly delighted to pull off a sub 20hr finish. Catching up with friends from the US- Carol and Phil was wonderful and the usual silliness that is mellum was fun too.
Pulled up pretty well, some general fatigue, have run 5km most days, just need to pace the 3.45 group at Sydney marathon on Sunday, hope the legs get me there!

I will post a race report soonish.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, September 19, 2008, Blogger Jen said...

Congratulations on another fantastic result at GH Spud. I must get up there one year! Looking forward to reading the race report.

 
At 8:56 PM, September 19, 2008, Blogger Superflake said...

Congratulations Spud. Great run in the heat and so close to the PB as well. See you Sunday around Centennial Park.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home