New trails
Had a good recovery week after PMC with a run each day,mostly around work with few trails but on the weekend I managed to get away for 3 hrs on the GNW in the late afternoon which was awesome. I ran from Quarry Rd to the Galston Gorge, clambering down the rocks and crossing the creek, up over the otherside and along Berowra Creek to Crosslands on the GNW/TW route.
Haven't been out that way for a long time. So after 96kms of PMC bitumen last weekend, these trails cleansed the soul well and truly. At one stage I was merrily trotting away in a world of my own when I came down rather hard on a tree root, lost some forearm bark but no real damage. A few walkers about enjoying the wonderful singletrack but the best bit was running into the crimson sunset on my return trip. I felt invigorated and attacked all climbs. The views out over the valley are simply sensational along there. Will try and make this run a regular and might even extend to Berowra return.
Mon-10km-Rotary Track with 5km barefoot.
Tue-12km-College/Longueville loop
Wed-20km-College and GNW Boardwalk
Thu-10km-Ditto Mon with 5km barefoot, love this session.
Fri-12km-College/Longueville loop.
Sat-24km-GNW-Quarry Track-Crosslands return
Sun-10km-Easy local burbs.
Total=98km


4 Comments:
sounds like a nice week, post PMC.
That new trail of yours sounds wonderful. I feel sorry for those people who never leave the bitumen to discover how magical trail running is!
And maybe even take a camera along one day :)
Good going Spud. Your comments draw me to the trails...
Post a Comment
<< Home