Monday, September 01, 2008

Update

Bit of an update.
Ran Willie to Billie last weekend, that was fun. Was a little clunky on the uphills but really enjoyed the long downhill to the creek. Ran all the way back out up the hill and was overtaken by only one other runner, finished in 2.56. Pleased to go sub 3 with Trailwalker a week later, plenty left in tank.

Sydney Trailwalker last Friday with tim, Whippet and Keith (Team Telstra) was a blast. I felt superb all day long, thanks largely to the huge amount of food I was taking in all day long. We battled hard with another team and came out on top finishing a few minutes in front of them. It's hard to believe you are in the middle of the city on some of those trails, we are so lucky in Sydney.
I wore my InoV8 Terrocs all day and apart from one nasty ankle roll they held up well in the conditions, certainly a heap lighter than my Continental Divides, not sure I would use them for a full 100 miler though.
We finished 7th placed team overall and 5th full team so we were rapt, the beer and pizza went down extremly well at the end. I would love to have a bash at sub 15 next year.

Feeling fairly fit at the moment and not too smashed up from TW. Got my sister arriving on Weds from Ireland (actually Thailand the past few weeks) so I will be entertaining her and friend for the next few weeks, which stuffs me around for Glasshouse. Might see if I can get onto some GNW trails instead, we'll see.

2 Comments:

At 10:12 PM, September 01, 2008, Blogger undercover brother said...

hey well done team mellum at trailwalker.
hey did you meet curtis rocco?

 
At 9:19 PM, September 03, 2008, Blogger Tesso said...

Congrats on that great TW. 5th full team is not too shabby at all.

Pity you can't make it up for GH, who is The Dog gonna chase?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home