Recovery
I love this photo...run yourself ugly!

Ran the Sydney marathon at the weekend, which was pretty cool. After a week of very little running post Glasshouse, just a few 5km runs, I paced the 3.45 group with Rod and we had a ball. I felt good all day and was pleasantly surprised I could hold pace easily enough. The CR cheer squad at the MCA was fantastic. What a lift you get running by those guys. I was angling for a leave pass to do the Fitzroy Falls mara at the weekend but thatlooks unlikely. To be honest a bludgy weekend will be good for the body. Might get stuck into some work round the house for a change.
Went for a trot today 10km in 47 minutes, felt great. Will try to focus on more consistent training (less racing) in the next month or so with GNW the goal now. Trails and lots of them.
Giddyup!!!!!!!!!!


3 Comments:
You look like death warmed up!!!
Great run at GH and I am still struggling to understand how you backed up for the marathon on Sunday. That is so good of you to pace the run - I can see you as a very interactive and fun pacer that would be very encouraging to those around you.
A weekend off sounds like something you need right now!
Great double there Spud - GH and Sydney. So good to catch up finally.
Love the pic. It looks like you are smiling because you stole Milov's pink blanket :)
Nice double! Still waiting for the full GH report. My mate Steve is still in recovery mode - has barely run since his 28 hour effort.
Post a Comment
<< Home