North Face 100 2009

What I posted on CR.
I had a mixed day. I was pleased to post a 31-minute PB but had some big energy fluctuations throughout the day in doing so. I found the first leg to be a drag along Narrowneck where the first of my “lows” started. I was eating well and drinking fine, just couldn’t find my mojo. The low patches were bad and I really had to push through them, more so than most runs. The run to Dunphy’s off Taros went well where I picked it up and ran with Dean for a while (chatting about Mont Blanc, Badwater Western States etc, nice bloke). Once in and out of the CP I began to enjoy the day more, and loved the climb up Ironpot and the views over the valley. My best leg was from 3 to 4, up Nellies, where I found some reserve, but I might have overcooked it a little. With 13hrs the target I was still hitting the splits I set myself up until the Sublime trail through the Jamison Valley. I was powering down hill but felt way flat on the flats and even flatter on the climbs. Luckily the hospital CP fixed me up, with a good feed and my drop bottle of coke. I ran ok for the final 11kms where I was not passed to finish in 13.17. A tough run but I’ll take it. Some awesome runs on the day. Shogun, you da man!! Beaver a player (what an improvement!) and Dog continuing to get faster and faster, Terry and TallGeoff sub 14, great stuff. Tim2 what a great last leg, you almost caught Andrew. Well done all.
BTW Re-the course change. I much preferred the Nature Trail and Lillian’s Bridge trails back into Leura over last years course, tougher but way better.
Thanks again to Tom, Alina and the volunteers, awesome event.


2 Comments:
Nice work as always mate.
nice casual reference to Dean! Like it happens all the time.
Post a Comment
<< Home