Barrenjoey Bash
Headed off to the beaches this morning for the 30km Barrenjoey STaR.
This course takes in the beautiful northern beaches of Sydney starting in Mona Vale heading north through Newport, Bilgola, Avalon, Whale and Palm beaches before turning around and coming back the other side of the peninsula. I started out with the 6:10 group and straight away noticed that a few of the quickies from last week had moved up to the 6:20 group. Good, there were 5 of us I think, rolling along at 5:20-5:30 pace. This course ranks as a 4/5 on the hill scale and although it was indeed hilly, alot of them were rolling, so no great worries. The top end of the run after the 23km pike out option was probably the toughest section with some tough rises coming back along the Palm beach peninsula. The 6:20 train came through bang on the 20km point so pacing was perfect from both waves. I decided to latch on and see how I'd go. Managed to stay with them to the finish for a fastish last 10km. GPS gave me readings of 30.78km and average pace 5:22/km. I felt great at the finish and went straight into the ocean for a swim. A fantastic way to end a 30km run.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home