Monday, November 29, 2004

Weekends activities

Sunday 28/11/04

Ran the Striders STaR (Davidson Recreation) in the burbs of Lindfield and Castle Cove.
Set off with the 6:10 group thinking pace would be back to what it should be around 5:20-5:30/km ( given all the chat on CR about the pacing of the various waves at the STaRs) .I was wrong! We ran the first 25km with average pace 5:05/km and then slowed as we hit the bush. I hung on until 25km and then dropped off as we entered the bush section but managed to catch back up coming out of the bush back to Lindfield Oval. A tough hilly run on a warm and muggy morning. I wanted a fastish run today and got one. 30.9km according to the Garmin but I lost signal a few times toward the end.
Got home showered, had some lunch and then I was off to the girls' concert. Fantastic, totally enjoyed the show and the girls had a blast.

Monday 29/11/04

Quarry Track

Got up at 5am this morning feeling somewhat sluggish after a long day yesterday (finished off with pizza and beer last night) I wanted to start some hills in prep for next years 6 foot so headed off to the Quarry Track. I ran this track earlier this year about a dozen times before 6 foot and reckon it helped me heaps with my PB . It's also one of my favourite morning runs. This morning was just so beautiful. There was not a soul around. I was alone, just me and the bush. The sun rising in the east and the waning moon setting to the west. A crisp clear morning, hard to imagine it will get up to 35C later today. I was thrilled to be out there. Ran easy to the bottom (at the bridge) and turned around straight away. 4.5km from gate to bridge according to the GPS. Legs were tired coming back up but I still managed to run all hills. I was buggered when I got to the top of the valley, dripping in sweat as the sun started to warm up the valley below. The last 2km is pretty flat and was just blissful running. I felt superb, running was effortless. Weird how this happens every now and again, must be the endorphines. Got back to the gate at Quarry Rd in 50:31. My best time is 46mins so I have a way to go getting back to the fittness I had just prior to 6 Foot this year. It's still early days though..
Still it's runs like this mornings that make me wanna come back for more.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home