Monday, March 21, 2005

North Ryde Ramble-25km

Sunday-I ran this STaR last year and remember thinking yeah there's some nice bush here, rolling hills at Beecroft and how cool it was running through Lane Cove Park. So off to do the STaR it was after contemplating the SMC30km. Plan was to cut short and run 20km only. Set off with the 6:10 group Kevin, ORunner and Horrie. Leisurely 5:30 pace through Macquarie Park and Lane Cove Nat Park. A lot of post CR drinks and 6 foot chat. We arrived back at the Start/Finish area and continued into the bush past Browns Water Hole and up to the track junction. This was where Kev, Dave and I turned for the shorter option. Horrie continued as Professor turned up.
When we got back to the finish I had 17.5km on my GPS and seen as I wanted 20km and was feeling great decided to knock off the extra 2.5km. I ran back down Talevera Rd to Lane Cove Road and returned up Waterloo and through the University. This gave me 24.8km for the day, a tad longer than intended but I just went with how I felt. Ended up with 5:30/km pace.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home