Saturday, July 02, 2005

Striders 10km Homebush

I fronted up this morning with a crappy chesty cough I've been battling with over the last few days. After a 3.5km warm up I was thinking maybe I should just ease off and run with the 45 min group. But alas competetive nature takes over and so I was just gonna run as hard as I could. I ran the first 5km or so with Mister G and ORunner, breathing very heavily, finding it hard to fill my lungs.I just felt terrible for that first 5km. Got through it in 20:52 and then got a second wind. I found a rhythm and stuck with it. Turned out to be ~4:10 pace between 6-9km and a 3:56 last km to finish. 16 seconds outside my PB and a 13 second negative split but very happy to finally get rid of the Homebush jinx. I have never ran well on this course so a course PB is most welcome and my second fastest 10km to boot.

Splits were;

1km-4:21
2km=4:04
3km-4:03
4km-4:20
5km-4:03(20:52)
6km-4:12
7km-4:10
8km-4:11
9km-4:10
10km-3:56 (20:39)

Total-41:34

3 Comments:

At 4:20 PM, July 02, 2005, Blogger Superflake said...

Good race to today Spud with the effects of a cold still hanging around. You should get that PB next month.

 
At 8:07 PM, July 02, 2005, Blogger Horrie said...

Great run Spud considering you have been battling a cold.

Better and faster days are ahead for sure.

 
At 6:10 PM, July 03, 2005, Blogger Sarah said...

Hmmph. You need a woman's point of view. Why are you trying to run as fast as you can when you have a chesty cough?? You're not going to get better if you keep running like that!

If I read again that you've been running while sick, I'm going to.... well... I'll be cranky!! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home