Monday, July 04, 2005

Ten Bridges STaR

Spent Saturday evening at the brother in law's celebrating his birthday. That meant a few glasses of wine and some beers. Watched the Wallabies and then headed home. Ended up watching the first hour or so of the Live8 concert, had to catch the opening with U2. (awesome concert)
So it was with a hazy head to the STaR on Sunday morning. Still battling this damn cough (and I know I should not be running but I'm a stupid stubborn bastard)
Having never ran this STaR I was looking forward to it. Running along Milson's and McMahon's Points with the harbour in full view, excellent stuff!
6:10 group was moving along at 5:20 or so pace, comfortable except for aerobically I was struggling a little. Not long after crossing the Anzac bridge where the 6:20 group caught us, we split, some opting for the 25km short. I was going the whole way, no way I was dragging my sorry ass out of bed to drive across the city and not run long now, was there?

It was quite cool as we made our way through Glebe and Rozelle and I was glad to have 2 layers on. I ran with Danielle, and we both tagged on to the 6:20 group. We caught them just before the Iron Cove bridge. They sped up a little however, through Gladesville and we fell off. Still moving along in 4:45 pace we climbed the Gladesville bridge, (I never realised just how steep it is). As we came into the Hunter's Hill loop, others decided to carry on straight ahead taking the short cut. We did the loop and then crossed the Fig Tree bridge. I was in familiar territory now, as this is where I train through the week. The last 4 km of this course are tough with a monster hill up to Riverview college. We trotted up this hill as the Mad Guz came flying by! The last bush section along Tambourine Bay back to the finish was most welcome. Beautiful after the recent rain.

Finished 30.28km in 2:32:36 with average pace 5:02/km.

Total for week=110km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home