Sunday, May 28, 2006

Good weekend

Saturday- Did an hour on the mag-trainer. 5 min tempo intervals with 1minute recoveries.
Really gave the legs a good smashing.

Sunday- North Ryde Ramble STaR

Wanted to round the week off with a run with the Striders, it feels like a long time since I last ran a STaR. I've ran this one before and knew what to expect. Whoever rated this one as H3 was off their head! There's some nice climbs along this course.
The 6:10 group consisting of the Langsworths and a few other runners quickly settled into 4:55 pace right from the off, through Macquarie-Marsfield and into LCNP.
I noticed right away that I was to struggle on every climb, yesterday's spin session coming back to bite hard. Still managed to stay with the group and once in the bush felt a whole lot better. I was happy with my new purchase- the Asics Trabucos-felt firm and stable, good traction and so much more comfortable on the rough stuff than my 2100s.
Although I've ran this one before. we still managed to take a wrong turn following a trail that took us up a good hill. It seemed almost everyone went wrong here as we saw the 6:20 group coming up the hill after we turned around.
Struggled a little going through the rollercoaster ride that is Beecroft before re-entering the bush and coming alive again. The last 6kms of this run are superb.

So a good week consisting of some speedwork(!) a tempo run, a few medium paced longer ones and a spin session

Total- 104km.

1 Comments:

At 10:47 PM, May 28, 2006, Blogger Tesso said...

You smashed your legs on the mag-trainer yesterday and in today's run you said you struggled on the hills and took a wrong turn. Yep, a "good weekend" for sure :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home