Quarry Track Long
Sunday-7am
In keeping with my desire to do more trail work I decided to go long on one of my favourite trails at Quarry Rd. Haven't been back here since 6FT prep so it was nice to re-aquaint myself.
Lots of trailwalkers about, probably saw 4-5 groups of four, all training for Augusts event.
My plan was a good 3-4 hrs depending on how I pulled up. I had the boot full of drinks ready for a long morning. I ended up running 2 full laps Dural-Hornsby-Dural and then ran back down to the creek, returning for another 9km. I then ran back to the top of the descent just past the tree hollow and back diverting off the trail at the cairn for some extra distance, another 5.3km. So all up 40km of good hills, great workout. Pleased with very even splits.
Splits were:
Lap1
36:28
37:18
Total=1:13:46
Lap2
36:24
36:44
Total=1:13:08
Creek return 9km-49:46
Additional 5.3km-28:27
40km-3:45:09
Total for week=112km


1 Comments:
Nice run Spud - might have to get back to Quarry Road myself soon.
Nice work at W2G too ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home