River Run...ouch
12pm- So I'm ambling along the rivers edge on my way to Fullers Bridge, feeling fairly clunky and just not in a good space mentally when wham..I roll my left ankle. Shit, shit... ouch, you idiot, pay attention to the trail...I start walking again, gingerly, treading my way along the singletrack, thinking..shit this could be bad, I could barely bear weight. A short while later, I started jogging and began to realise it wasn't so bad and if anything only a mild sprain. Great, I get back into a run and start feeling good again, thankful I hadn't done any real damage. Funny that, when faced with the prospect of time off the feet and then realising you're ok, the mood swings back to happy days. I ran another 5km along the GNW back to the office, feeling a whole lot better than I did when I left.
10.5km-58min


2 Comments:
Gosh, don't scare us like that!!! Glad you are okay.
Things like that can happen so easilty and are why I have such a trail phobia. Not to mention your shoes get dirty :-)
Look out there Spud 12ft track awaits.
Post a Comment
<< Home