Friday, January 26, 2007

Australia Day Mountain Run-33km

This is my easy week but when Rod the Hornet put this run up on CR it was a hard one to miss out on. I had run through the same country back in 2003 during the Fatass Blue Labyrinth.
So late last night I decided to rock up and see who would turn up. I was disappointed to see both KT and Mister G piked out, I was looking forward to running with them. Anyhow, we ended up with 6 starters at Wentworth Falls station, with Becky O arriving a tad late after missing the train up from Woodford. Without going into too much detail, we enjoyed a relaxed pace to the hospital and then spread apart as runners found their pace. I stayed with Sailaway till the end enjoying some pretty decent pace in parts. The fog lifted as the sun came out affording us some wonderful views out over the valley. Anderson's firetrail was simply divine. I had forgotten how good the bush through there is, with a soft leaf litter underfoot and a gentle descent for a few kms before the plunging descent to Bedford Creek. The climb out on the other hand was hard work as yesterdays bike ride came back to bite.
Still managed to stay with Sailaway back up to Bedford Rd arriving back at the station in 3.24.
Garmin gave us 33.1km after a quick side trip to the Kedumba Walls trail at the hospital.

Once finished, Sailaway produced some icey cold oranges from his esky, that were delicious.
Rod turned up about 6-7 minutes later. I had to leave early so didn't see anyone else come in, hope they all got back safely.

A run in the Blue Mountains is just too hard to resist. :)

4 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Ewen said...

Sounds great Spud - Kevin and Sean will be kicking themselves.

 
At 11:31 PM, January 26, 2007, Blogger Superflake said...

Nice run in the Mountains Spud.

 
At 11:32 PM, January 26, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think G kicked something else, that's why he couldn't run. ;) And KT? I think he's doing sekrit training for the clydesdale category at 6', if his postings on that thread are any indication. ;)
Keep training like this Spud and we'll see very little of you at 6', apart from your dust! :)

 
At 2:23 PM, January 27, 2007, Blogger 2P said...

Yeah I know what you mean - I kept scratching at the door yesterday morning but my master wouldn't let me out....

Nice run mate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home