Off to the mountains
Well our time in San Francicso has come to an end. it's been great catching up with Mellum as well as a few others, Sportsman and Kelvin. We had a wonderful BBQ dinner at Carol and Phil's place in Berkeley the other night along with Paul and Di.Had some hilarious laughs playing Phil's didjeridoos. Last night we met up with Sportman and Kelvin (who just arrived) and went for dinner and drinks. In fact I'v been drinking every night since I arrived in the US, gotta cut back this week.
I got out this morning early for a short 6km run. It's very cool still, in the bay area, ran along The Embarcedero past Pier 39 to the Bay Bridge return. Legs feel good, but I'm afraid the chest is still not 100%. A few more days of rest should see me fit however(I hope). We pick up the hire car today and head for Truckee, looking forward to some warmer weather.


5 Comments:
I think at least half of the CR community will be thinking of you guys over the weekend while the other half is on the net following the progress of the AA team. That sense of community & excitement for the adventures of others is what I love most about this remarkable community.
Anyway just in case I don't get to stop by again before the weekend, my best wishes for the weekend. Run well - I know you will - and most importantly, enjoy it :-) My thoughts will be with you.
Wow, not many sleeps to go now. Speaking of sleeps, all this ultra running is playing havoc with mine. Last weekend I had to stay up and 'watch' the crew at Comrades and this weekende it will be you guys. Do me a favour and run fast, I could use the extra zzzzz's :)
Just over 2 hours until the gun goes - how exciting.
GOOOOOOOOOOOO SPUD!!!!!!
4th aussie.
1st irishman.
23.05.
just wanted to give the first blog congratulations.
great effort mate.
A silver buckle!
Congratulations Phil. I'm looking forward to reading all about it when I get back from Surfers.
Post a Comment
<< Home