Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Not running

Well it's been almost been 2 weeks since surgery and although the wound is healing well, it takes time. I have not run at all and while it's certainly been good for the body, the mind not so. I have managed to walk most days and even got on the bike a couple of times, have to try and keep the fitness up. I know it doesn't seem like a long time off the feet to most runners who have suffered worse setbacks but it is the longest non-running spell for me in 7 years.
Stitches come out today so I'll know more about when I can get back into it. With GNW looming large, hopefully sooner rather than later.

6 Comments:

At 1:47 PM, October 02, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Spud
Good luck for recovery, but I am wondering what kind of surgery you had!? You'll get back to running soon - it's everything in your mind.

 
At 9:20 AM, October 03, 2007, Blogger Hamburglar said...

Seven years - that is a great stretch of running.

Enjoy the time off.

 
At 11:07 AM, October 03, 2007, Blogger 2P said...

So what are you going to tell people about how you got that scar?

 
At 9:31 PM, October 03, 2007, Blogger undercover brother said...

pleased to hear u made it out today for your first trot.
i'm sure you'll be fine at gnw mate.

 
At 10:00 PM, October 03, 2007, Blogger Jen said...

7 years? Wow. You can imagine how envious I am of that. I'd be happy with 7 weeks, lol.

Seriously, I hope the recovery goes well. Dont underestimate your fitness levels. I'm sure you'll be fine for GNW

 
At 9:00 PM, October 04, 2007, Blogger Tesso said...

Imagine how good that first run back is going to be!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home