Some momemtum

Finally after 2 weeks off the feet, the day after getting my stitches removed I ventured out for a trot/walk. It felt fantastic to be moving again, I was busting to stride out but alas not yet.Without going into too much detail, basically the wound has partly broken down (read-opened up) about 2cm long along the naval cleft. This means running is probably not the best thing to be doing right now as the shearing forces of the buttocks don't help healing too much. I am hopeful however I can maintain a balance whilst listening to the body along the way.
Mon- I managed to get up to Lake Macquarie for the weekend with the family. I snuck out early on Monday and headed west for the Watagans. I did an out and back from Wakefield up over the Sugarloaf down to Bunkerville Gap and up the gnarly climb to Heaton communications tower followed by a run to the lookout itself-return.
It was fantastic to be out there again and although I felt sluggish at times and aerobically less fit, the legs felt fresh and strong for the break from running.
All up near 4hrs. Tested out my new Camelbak MULE which I was well pleased with.
Tues-10.5km GNW River Run
Weds-16km LCNP
Back to the surgeon next week for a check up. I will mention I am planning to run 100 miles in 4 weeks time, will be interesting to hear what he thinks.


3 Comments:
Nice Google Earth map Spud - I'll bet you had some momentum comeing back down!
Can't wait to hear what the surgeon says when you tell him about GNW ... that's if its printable :-)
Don't tell him. He'll think you're crazy.
Love those tilted GE maps of the mountains!
Post a Comment
<< Home