Monday, February 04, 2008

Humid week

I struggled a bit this week with the humidity. Was absolutely drenched after the long run on Weds morning, ran with a handheld too, glad I did.
Fridays run ws the best of the week with a cracker hill session followed by a good tempo 10kms. Couldn't make the Striders 10km or Megalong Fatass (brother in town and no more leave passes after 2 weeks in the mountains) but still managed to have a good hitout at Quarry Track.

Mon- No run(hungover after a night on the piss with my brother)
Tue- 20kms local run to Marsden Park return to Riverstone.
Wed- 20kms with Sub50, man it was humid. Felt better second half of run?
Thu- 12.2kms- College and Longueville.
Fri- 16.2kms- 8xHill reps (average 1:13) folowed by a tempo 10km through Riverview College.
Sat- 10.5km- Local easy
Sun- 26kms at Quarry Track, very humid again.

Total-105kms

On another note the draw was made for the Hardrock 100 in the States this morning. I missed out (as expected, well over subscribed) but my chances of getting in next year will have improved. Four Australians applied, Undercover Bro, Whippetman, Bill Thompson and myself with Whippet the lucky one to get drawn. Well done mate, fly the Mellum/CR flag. :P

3 Comments:

At 2:20 PM, February 04, 2008, Blogger Hamburglar said...

Bad luck re: Hardrock. Fingers crossed for next year.

 
At 9:12 AM, February 05, 2008, Blogger Tesso said...

How good is this running in the rain caper! Pity it can't be like this all year round.

Bummer about Hardrock :-(

 
At 4:52 PM, February 08, 2008, Blogger Ewen said...

Even I've heard about Hardrock. It'll be great when you get a start.

It's wet and humid down here too, although I guess 70% is not that humid.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home