Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The end of a great year.



I am so delighted with my run at Coast To Kosi this year. Everything fell into place nicely with a wonderful crew and my feet stayed blister free for the entire journey allowing me to post a 2hr43min PB. My feet and legs ache now but deep down I am comfortably numb after the experience of the weekend. It's such an inspiration to watch those guys at the back battling through to the end on what looked like battered and bruised bodies.. The heart and mind are so much stronger than the rest of our body. It was such a privelage to be able to spend a weekend on a course like C2k with some of the best people you could hope to meet.

It's been a very busy year with lots of kms in the legs. I am off to Port Macquarie for a break with the family next week and plan on sitting around a pool relaxing whilst eating and drinking lots.

I will most likely write a detailed report then.

6 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Tesso said...

Ah Spud! I really don't know what to say. Congratulations would be such a huge understatement.

You are a dead set legend.

Enjoy Port. Wonder how long you will last before sneaking in a little run :-)

 
At 7:42 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Horrie said...

It certainly was the end of a great year. What better way to finish of a great year than spanking the mammoth with such a huge PB. Enjoy the rest and recovery. Look forward to seeing you out and about in the not too distant future.

 
At 8:24 PM, December 11, 2007, Blogger Jen said...

"The heart and mind are so much stronger than the rest of our body." Thanks for the reminder Spud. I've written that down & stuck it on my wall.

To say congrats doesn't do justice to the year that you have had. You inspire me.

I hope the recovery goes well & you enjoy your time at Port :-)

 
At 10:34 AM, December 12, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats Spud on a great C2K. Awesome effort! Wish I could have been out there with you guys. While I haven't been on CR much since I got injured I did check out the C2K thread to see how everyone got on.

Reading through the reports I could feel the adrenaline rise and I definitely hope I will be out there next year to keep you company on a few of the ultras.

Maybe even catch you on a long run in the mountains if you get up this way.

 
At 8:34 PM, December 12, 2007, Blogger Ewen said...

Fantastic result for C2K Phil, and a great year. I'm looking forward to the report.

Martin's feet were a bit second-hand when I saw them yesterday. Enjoy the holiday - the hard part will be deciding how you're going to top this year in '08!

 
At 11:47 PM, December 13, 2007, Blogger Superflake said...

Spud you have had a brilliant year. Enjoy the rest and I'll see you back on the Six Foot trails next year most likely.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home