Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Progress

Thanks for the comments guys. I have backed right off on the mileage and am still actively trying to get rid of this tendonitis issue. Massage of the lower calf muscles seems to be working well along with ice and ibuprofen. I will see the physio this week to see if there is something he can do. Maybe an extreme taper next week..ie no running is the go.
Meantime I got out on Monday for an easy 8km, a lunctime run, very hot to Riverview -return to work. 5 min pace.
Tues- Hot lunctime run again, ran on trails for 45 minutes breaking in the new trail shoes. Felt good, ankle niggled but was manageable. (ibuprofen helps)
Weds- College/Longueville Run 12km-4.45/km Felt better again today, hopefully on the mend.

I will rest the next couple of days and maybe trot around the Striders 10km at Lane Cove on Saturday if I can get away.
Also trying to line up a pacer for next weekends GNW.

6 Comments:

At 5:18 PM, October 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Spud good luck mate. If I can add my 2 cents: remember to not overdo - you already have the endurance to run GNW. Tapering is what you want to do now and heal your tendon! If I were you I would not run the 10k this weekend but just concentrate on healing. Get some inspiration from this:

http://www.scottjurek.com/blog/2007/08/23/ankle-rehab-for-hardrock/

 
At 9:57 PM, October 31, 2007, Blogger Hamburglar said...

I would be wary to pace you after what happened to the Western States pacer!

 
At 12:45 PM, November 01, 2007, Blogger 2P said...

Ibuprofen is runners candy.

Hope it comes good for you mate.

 
At 7:16 AM, November 02, 2007, Blogger Horrie said...

Make sure you take the time to get that ankle right Spud. You need to follow Whippet's example. He always manages to get to and through these big runs managing one injury or another. I agree with Hamburglar about your pacer but from what I have read on CR, Sub50 is your man. I don't think he will have any problem keeping up with you. That boy is fast.

 
At 12:39 PM, November 03, 2007, Blogger Ewen said...

Good luck Spud. I hope the trot around the 10k this morning was pain free.

 
At 5:19 PM, November 03, 2007, Blogger Tesso said...

Many people "Spud never gets injured". I am one of them. Don't make a liar out of me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home