Getting ready for GNW100
Training has been going well. I spent 6 good hours on the trail yesterday with Dog, Geoff,Tom,Carol and Alec. We ran the first 2 sections excluding the boring stretches of road at both ends. A tough training run with plenty of up and down. Pace was fairly honest, I wouldn't imagine going too much faster on race day. Felt strong at the end and have pulled up very well. Only downside was a small tear in the wound on my arse. Not happy but hopefully a few easier days will see it heal up.
The rest of the week was good with a great midweeker where I ran from work to the gates at Ryde road in LCNP-return (19.5km). Ran about 5 minutes faster than normal, my first "speed" session since returning after the operation. Other days were easy, albeit warm lunchtime runs typically 10-12kms or so.
So another 3 weeks to GNW, I will try and keep the mileage high but with visitors from overseas this week, it might be tough.


2 Comments:
I like the sound of those boring road bits at the ends of the trails :-)
glad to see youre getting more comfortable talking about 'your affliction'.
enjoy being in the gnw zone the next few weeks.
Post a Comment
<< Home