Monday, November 26, 2007

Tapering again

Running two hundred milers so close together equals not a lot of running in between. With 4 weeks between GNW and C2K I have been kicking back a little focusing on getting the body recovered for the big one. Still ticking the legs over with relatively low mileage.

Mon-4 km easy recovery run
Tue-Run 5km- Swim 1km
Wed-12km Longuie loop-59mins
Thu-12km Longuie Loop-58mins
Fri-5km easy LC return
Sat-Bike spin 45 mins
Sun-20km-1.45

Looking forward to spanking the mammoth once again (I hope I'm not the one getting spanked). Would like to knock a few hours off last years time. Key is getting to Jindabyne with good feet. I will then be able to make up a lot of time on last year.
Crew are in place and a race plan is emerging. Sub50 who so ably paced me at GNW together with Hamburglar will form Team Bangers and Mash...
Kosciusko here we come ....giddyup!

7 Comments:

At 4:14 PM, November 26, 2007, Blogger Hamburglar said...

Bangers and Mash?

 
At 10:14 PM, November 26, 2007, Blogger Superflake said...

Good luck with Coast to Kosi Spud.Hope you run well.

 
At 8:07 AM, November 27, 2007, Blogger Horrie said...

With that crew in place, you are set. As you're going into the race this year without the foot problems of last year, I am sure you will knock at least a couple of hours off. Good luck with the rest of the taper.

 
At 6:17 PM, November 28, 2007, Blogger Jen said...

Giddyup indeed !

Enjoy the taper & more importantly, the race! Good luck !

 
At 12:34 PM, November 30, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck, Spud. Sorry I can't be there this year. May have to put my "Dog" down and get a new one.

 
At 4:01 PM, November 30, 2007, Blogger Ewen said...

I hope the feet are good, and the weather kind (it's been a bit changeable lately). Say g'day to Martin for me.

 
At 10:32 PM, December 03, 2007, Blogger undercover brother said...

dont make kosci wait.
i heard shes an impatient lass!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home