Tis the Season
I love this time of the year. Took the family away for the last week of school to Port Macquarie and just relaxed. It was great to get away for a few days and defrag. I did manage to get a few runs in, mainly short 8-10km runs along the beach trails and the ironman course. Body has pulled up ok, still battling a dodgy ankle which seems to be responding to the minimal mileage and lots of icing, massage and anti- inflamm gel.
Seems the peroneal tendons have suffered a fair amount of trauma after GNW and C2K. I will see a physio next week to see what needs to be done to clear this issue up once and for all. I fear it may involve total rest but we'll see.
Meantime I am managing it. Got out yesterday for a couple of laps of Quarry Track. Ran all the hills on the first lap but needed to walk a few on the second. Times were good with a 73:10 and 73:30, pleased with that considering C2K was only 2 weeks ago. Ankle held up ok until at one point I was passing a fellow runner saying g'day and rolled it quite badly. Weird thing was it actually felt better after running it off?
It's that time of year when I usually start running more hillls so Quarry Track will become a regular training ground once more (ankle permitting of course).
I want to get back to regular high mileage soonish, with all this long racing I seem to be in a permanent race-recover-taper cycle.
Next up B2H...giddyup.
Merry Xmas all!


2 Comments:
Merry Christmas Phil. Hope you a great day. And look after the ankle.
giddyup indeed!
merry xmas to you and the fam.
Post a Comment
<< Home