CR 5km Challenge
What a nice way to finish off the year. After a 2km warm up with Plu, I headed out with the 20 min group led by Ray James. I was a bit doubtfull as to whether I could maintain the pace given some recent speedwork blowouts. Running with Mister G, Gnscon and Horrie, we hit the first km in 3:48, a tad fast but maybe time in the bank. Second km in 3:51, we could afford to step off the gas a little on the third. I was feeling great at the 3km marker and when Horrie pulled away, I endeavoured to follow him. Couldn't quite catch up but was always ahead of our pacing rabbit Ray. With the tennis courts in sight I put in, what I thought was the final kick to the finish, only to be disillusioned when I saw that the finish line was a good 200 mtrs past the courts. Ended up with a 19:44.Absolutely rapt with that. Sub 4min 5km was a target for the end of the year. Thanks heaps to Ray James for pacing what turned out to be 19:59:56 on his watch!!! How good was that? Warmed down with a 4.1km trot back to the start for 11km all up.
I was in Mister G's ear getting some tips for my up coming Bogong to Hotham adventure.
Cracked open a Stella when I got home, a mini celebration for yet another goal reached. ;-)
Great catching up with the CR gang again too.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home