Thursday, December 16, 2004

30/30s

Rotary track again this morning for a quick session. I love this workout, it's a good short sharp hitout that certainly gets the lungs going. Ran 2km to track to find all lanes have been pricked with holes for the xmas break. Not to worry I just ran inside lane 1. Not that you need to run at a track for this workout anyhow. Got to the 10th rep and was busting a lung. Held it together for the last 5 and finished strongly. Few laps warm down and back off to work. A short but rewarding workout.

I've decided that although I find writing in my Blog and reading other Blogs motivating I am just a bit over it at the moment. I am sticking to a pretty regular schedule right now which involves 2 speed sessions, 2 long runs(one of which is hilly) the rest easy runs, bike and swim. I just find I am repeating myself over and over and that's boring! I already have a training log, so to speak, that I have been using for the last 3 years, so I can track progress and mileage etc. I will continue for a while but maybe not as regularly.
Any other Bloggers out there have the same feeling?

3 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, December 16, 2004, Blogger Dave said...

Spud, I know exactly where you are coming from.

If you read my blog I tend to ramble on about general stuff and just throw in the actual stats. I sort of do this to "download" my running thoughts and stuff somewhere else than my poor wife's ears! So I suppose it depends on what you want your blog to be. Also I am finding that having to write something down does make me more inclined not to miss a session. For the actual tracking I use the Hays spreadsheet.

A question for you, I noticed you mentioned somewhere that you rode through Browns waterhole to get to Turramurra, is there a paved section through there that is ok on a road bike?

 
At 11:04 AM, December 16, 2004, Blogger Horrie said...

I sometimes feel the way you do Spud. So that's why you often see 2 day reports from me or the 4 day catchup. It might be a good idea to update this way and you don't have to go into as much detail. I think that CRs out there are very interested in how you train if they're thinking about doing Ultras or Triathlons. Hope you continue in some way.

 
At 11:33 AM, December 16, 2004, Blogger Spud said...

Dave,

You can ride from the M2 down to Browns Waterhole on a paved section that winds down to the creek and back up to the end of Kissing Point Rd. Good sharp hill coming back the other way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home