Pacing disaster
Track this morning for 5x1km reps with 2min recovery.
After 2km warm up jog to track with workmate, arrived at track around 6:45am. Met Dave(ORunner) there as he was just finishing his session. Good to see you there Dave.
I planned on running around 3:55 kms but set off too quickly after Padraig (37min 10ker).Ran first km in 3:46. I knew I would suffer and was pretty stuffed on the third rep thinking, I gotta start this session feeling more recovered than I do. The remaining reps were 3:52,3:58,3:59,3:56.
So I still averaged 3:54 but pacing was all over the shop. I am thinking, running the STaRs on Sundays and hills(Quarry Rd) on Mondays may be leaving me a little short for Tuesday reps??
Might need to reshuffle my schedule a little.
Still a satisfying track session all the same.
Midweek long run tomorrow.


3 Comments:
Hey Spud, good to see you there this morning, sorry I couldn't talk much, I was feeling pretty RS.
I's agree about shuffling your schedule a bit, if you're doing the midweek long run tomorrow as well that's pretty much 4 days in a row of fairly intense running (all be it different types). You'd be running the risk of burnout, illness or even worse injury.
Slip in a rest/recovery or cross training day, say Monday. Thats my designated rest day and even when I'm really hammering out the miles I'll still only use it as a recovery run or more likely go for a ride.
Spud, would agree with Dave there. Monday session needs to be a less intense session. You are going really well at the moment and building good momentum heading up to 6 Foot Track. Would hate to see you risk losing that momentum. I understand your enthusiasm and passion for your running. But you just need to temper it a bit. You will also be able to add a bit more quality to your speedwork by doing this. Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to running with you at a STaR sometime in the future.
Thanks Guys for the comments, I hear you, but there is just not enough days in the week ;-)
Makes those 10 day cycles look more attractive too.
I will look into swapping my Fridays for Monday, as in bike and swim Mondays and do Quarry Track on Fridays.
Cheers
Post a Comment
<< Home