M2 Wetness
PM: Went to the pool at lunch, my swim coach reckons I need to do some drills at the pool, so on his recommendation I did 11x100mtrs in 1:53 with 20 second recovery. Not as hard as a full on 1100mtr swim but still a tough workout. Cooldown with a few easy laps afterwards.
Decided to flip my training schedule a little to allow more recovery for quality sessions, so it's ride and swim today. Started out on the M2 just after 6am weather was fine. Within 5 minutes the heavens opened up and I was drenched. Funnily enough it didn't bother me, I was actually quite enjoying it. Looked up at the western sky to see not one but two concentric rainbows!
Rode fairly hard to Old Windsor road turn around and started the return to work. Got just past Pennant Hills on ramp and got a flat. Bugger, it was slow, but there wasn't enough air to get me to the next overpass for some shelter while I fixed it. 10 minutes later I was on my way, got back to work drenched but all the better for the experience. I am getting better fixing punctures that's for sure ;-)
Legs felt good considering yesterdays hilly long run. The StaRs actually take more out of you because so much is ran on bitumen.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home