Saturday, December 18, 2004

Quarry Track Long again

Set off at 6am this morning for some more hills. This is my cram for Bogong to Hotham in early January and fantastic training for 6 foot at the same time.
Same as last Sunday with a return loop from Quarry Road to Stewart Ave. Split was 1:13:40.
Not as fast as last week even though I ran all hills. First loop to bridge and back with splits of 22:36 and 27:36. Feeling strong albeit I walked the very last climb on the return. Topped up water and had a gu at the gate and set off for last lap.
Splits this time were 23:51 and 26:54.
So ended up with 30.4km in 2:54:39. A tad slower than last week but I did stop to talk to CR Hefty on the second lap. I didn't see any wallabies this time after spotting two last Sunday.
I reckon the uphill to Stewart Ave is definitely harder than the climb to Quarry Rd.
Started to warm up as the sun broke through on the last lap and I felt fairly buggered at the end.
Works Xmas party tonight (hence going long today) Plan is to eat and drink lots and do nothing tomorrow ;-)

Friday: Took the day off work to celebrate daughters birthday. We had a pool party at the local swimming pool. I did manage to squeeze in a swim though ;-)



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home