Thursday, December 30, 2004

Hilly bike ride

Took the bike out this morning for a hilly 80km ride.
Nice morning although the wind picked up as the morning wore on. Rode from my place to Marsden Park up Richmond Rd, through Richmond and out up Bells Line of Road through Kurmond to Kurrajong. Beautiful little spot at the foot of the mountains offering fantastic views back across the Sydney basin. Turned around here and hammered back down the hill to North Richmond and then to Windsor. Crossed the Hawkesbury bridge and rode out to Freemans Reach and Wilberforce before returning home. All in all felt good on the bike, nice change from M2 riding. When I got back I noticed a did a spoke, sheared right off the retainer nut on the rim.
Looks like a trip to the bike shop is required.
Checked the post box to find the new "glossy" UltraMag waiting for me, made for a nice breakfast read.


2 Comments:

At 8:01 AM, December 31, 2004, Blogger Superflake said...

Hi Spud,
Sorry should have said who I was at the 5k challenge.
The 6ft track singlet gave you away a bit though.
Long bike ride for ultra training?

 
At 4:27 PM, December 31, 2004, Blogger Spud said...

Yep, I find it's great crosstraining for running and certainly helps with hills. I am also doing a few triathlons this summmer,so gotta get them bike miles in.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home