Tuesday, January 04, 2005

2004 Review

Edit: PM. Got to the pool at lunch for 1500 mtr swim. Felt superb and finished with a 29:39, quickest time for 50mtr pool 1.5km in a while. Rapt! Hit the 1km in 19:51, and final 500mtrs in 9:48.
Haven't broken 30mins for quite a while, so it would seem recent pool speedwork is paying off.



Seen as I'm in taper mode thought I might take the opportunity to look back at 2004.
I set myself some pretty big goals at the start of the year which were:

6 Foot Track Marathon in March
Canberra Marathon in April
Poor Man's Comrades 96km in June
12 Foot Track (90km) in August.
Sydney Trailwalker (100km) in August.
Sydney Marathon in Sept.
10km under 42mins

I managed to run and complete all goal races and ran PBs at all distances from 5km to 100km.
I also finished Fitzroy Falls Fire Trail Marathon in October and the Nepean Triathlon in November.
Got some regular bike kms in as well as a ramp up in swimming kms.

A very pleasing year with no injuries too (touch wood).

My goals for 2005 are:

Bogong to Hotham
Six Foot(sub 5hrs)
Fatass Poormans Comrades(96km)
Fatass 12 Foot Track
Trailwalker (If no clash with GH)
Glasshouse 100 (My main goal for the year)
Marathons: I would like to keep up my run of Sydney marathons but fear it might clash with GH100. If so will run either Canberra or Gold Coast.
A Half Ironman would be great too.




1 Comments:

At 7:48 PM, January 04, 2005, Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Spud, that's some incredible achievement for 2004! All goals met...congratulations! But 2005 looks even more ambitious......beats me how you do it all! Hope you have a great 2005 as well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home