Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Bogong to Hotham

A quick update, Saturday drove down to the snowies with Paul Every, Dave Criniti and Jan Herrmann. No running.

Sunday: Race Day: Pretty much what I've posted to CR. This is most definitely the hardest event I've done. A spectacular run in some tough country. We had a great turn out of 30+ runners and conditions were good, visibility near perfect. It did close in towards the end with some cool winds but certainly no need for thermals or spray jackets.Personally very pleased with my race, making the cutoff is tough! Jan, Paul and I approached Langford Gap with a mere 7 mins to spare.Man, it felt good to make that cutoff! I finished in 10:02.
I have pulled up pretty well with some muscle soreness in my hips and quads, will get out at lunchtime for a light recovery jog.

3 Comments:

At 1:12 PM, January 11, 2005, Blogger Horrie said...

Congratulations Spud on making the cutoff and completing run. Good to see you overcome your demons and achieve something quite monumental. Enjoy the moment.

 
At 10:12 AM, January 12, 2005, Blogger Martin said...

Well done Spud, this sounds a bloody top run, maybe the missus would like a holiday down there next year! :)

 
At 11:56 AM, January 12, 2005, Blogger Spud said...

Thanks Guys,

It was truly awesome and the company down there too. I am still in the process of writing up a report, hopefully today or tomorrow.

Totally recommend this run/adventure.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home