Striders Equaliser 14km
Sunday-13th (15km)
I had a mixed race, set off with Mister G at what we thought was a fast pace down the hill to the creek. I remember thinking this will come back to haunt us on the return loop to the finish. I was feeling pretty average for the first 8km, after crossing the creek on the way out just trotted up the other side getting passed. It wasn't 'till we reached the bitumen around half way that I felt like racing. We re-entered the bush, Mister G and I with O runner just ahead. The downhill here provided a step up in pace as we hurled down passing heaps of runners. Some caught us again on the climbs. We reached the creek again and it was here I passed Mister G, I thought he was coming with me. I found good legs on the final climb and passed O Runner here too. Springer caught me 2km from the finish. I came in 67:53, happy to finish strongly. Now that I know the course will take it out a tad slower next year and see if I can improve.My first Striders AGM, great to see the club's in good shape.


2 Comments:
Good run Spud, you were just too strong on that last hill for me, well done!
Great run yesterday Spud. It looked as though those runs around Quarry Rd Track certainly kicked in when needed on the hills. It is looking good for a sub 5 hour 6 Foot.
Post a Comment
<< Home