Weekend Update
Saturday-Striders 10km Lane Cove-12km(2km warm up)
Huge turnout for the first 10km of the series. Great morning for it, plan was to get out and see if I could get somewhere around 43mins. I have been feeling my speed has not returned after Bogong to Hotham just yet, so to finish in 42:14, just 8 seconds off my PB and my second fastest 10km ever was very pleasing. I reached the 5km marker in 21:16 after a good first half, ran well up Scribbly but struggled a little to the gate when Mister G passed me. Picked it up in the second half and ran my fastest split for the last km in 3:50. A very pleasing hitout and a good start to the year.
Sunday-30.3km Berowra Big Dipper STaR
After a night out on the town entertaining my brother and only 3.5hrs sleep I was a little apprehensive as to how I would pull up today. I started with the 6:10 group. We set off at a fairly brisk sub 5 minute pace and ended up covering the first 12km in 4:57 pace. The bush slowed us down a little thereafter. After reaching Berowra Waters road coming out of the bush Mister G and I set off a good clip up the hill. Good running here and I was delighted to be feeling so strong, recent hillwork at Quarry Track paying off I suspect. Blue Dog was off the leash again flying up ahead of us. Uncle Dave, Guzzo and Truscott came flying by us here. We reached the top after passing a fair few runners ourselves. Into Turner Road and off into the bush for some more hills.
The fresh morning helped keep things cool and it was nice not to have to contend with high humidity for a change.
We came out of the bush for some more bitumen and passed Plu here who was having a good day out there. Once again back into the bush, undulating the whole way. The last 5km has some beaut hills in there but again I got a second wind. As I came out of the final bush section into Gully Rd I was delighted to spot Blue Dog ahead, I'd kept a good pace throughout and finished feeling strong.
A great weekends running and finally starting to feel strong again after B2H.
Will have an easier weekend next weekend and then one more big one before a good taper for 6 foot.


1 Comments:
Well done on the race on Saturday spud. And looks like you had a great run at Berowra. Looks good for 6ft.
Post a Comment
<< Home