Sunday-Quarry Track Long Run
Sunday-31km. Got to Quarry Rd at 5:55am and set off on what was an extremely humid morning. I took my camelbak and some food for the morning. Plan was 2 laps QuarryRd-Stewart Ave return and then make up another 4-5km out and back.
First lap in 1:16:xx and I walked some of the steeper pinches up to Stewart Ave. The humidity was killing me. I drank 1.5ltrs on the first lap! Second lap was better, again I power walked the steeper inclines, (this is 6 foot training afterall and there's lots of power walking involved there) .
I found I was getting stronger on the second lap and didn't need to walk as much? Finished second lap in 1:14xx. Once again during a long run I felt better in the second half. I thought about this during my run yesterday and found there are times when I just choose to ignore the pain and get this "numbness" thing happening. I seem to be just blocking out the signals and just getting on with it. This could be a whole load of bollox but hey it works for me and I am definitely feeling better later during my long runs these days? For the 3rd lap I just ran back out along the flat section and turned off at the cairn down the track there. I had been meaning to find out what was down that way for a while. The track here is a lot narrower and descends gradually for a couple of km before a big descent to the valley floor. I just ran to the beginning of this section and stopped to admire the view over the valley, turned around and returned.
I spotted a wallaby, 2 king parrots, heaps of cockatoos and a snake on my travels.
When I got back to my car I was soaked from head to toe, so a quick change into some dry clothes and a bottle of gatorade later I was off home.
I pretty much thrashed myself during this run and was totally wasted later on during the day. I may still have some of Bogong to Hotham in my legs as I have felt stronger on the Quarry Track but I still enjoyed it out there today.
Saturday- No runnnig but managed to pick up a nice second hand car after spending the day looking around.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home