Friday, January 28, 2005

Forerunner Intervals-8km

Edit: 1400mtr (27:55) swim at Lane Cove Pool. Noice!


After a fresh downpour this morning I decided to take my speedwork session onto the bitumen instead of a wet and soggy Mowbray Track. Fired up the Forerunner to do 4x5mins hard with 2 min recoveries. After a 2km warm up began session. Man it was so humid, I was drenched from head to toe before I even started! The beauty of these sessions is you just don't know where the next "hard" rep will begin. My first one was fast averaging 3:40/km down a slight hill. Second rep was a killer up a long hill around Stt Ignatius College. 4:15/km, I was gagging. 3rd rep better with some nice undulations pace was 3:57 and the last was in 4:10 pace, again a long testing incline. I reckon these speed intervals are tougher than at the track for sure and more indicative of race conditions too. Not much of a warm down as the last rep had me pretty much back at work.

Swim this arvo..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home