Sunday, January 16, 2005

SMC 10km

Wow, so many CRs and Striders at the SMC! The last time I ran here was in the half about 18 months ago. I recalled with Mister G how the website front page was rather misleading at the time, showing a picture of a bunch of runners lining up at the start with the bush in the background. I remember thinking at the time "that must be a nice bush run in the surrounds of Smithfield"? Ok, not the most inspiring surrounds but still a good course for a fast time and well organised.As for my run it was more a social 10km rather than a race, that's not to say I wasn't trying however. I hung on to Horrie and Mister G for the first 1500mtrs when I realised I just didn't have it today. Legs felt good but the humidity was killing me. So I backed off and decided to run "within" myself. Average pace dropped from 4:05 to 4:27/km. Still, pleased to get a quickish run under my belt, enjoyed the company too.Great effort by Horrie, finally sneaking under 42mins. Superflake also ran well and will smash 40 mins under better conditions. According to the half runners Ray ran out of his skin pulling away from everyone in the last 5km, well done Ray. Springer had a blinder too, looking strong coming in to the finish line.

Hopefully weather will be a little cooler tomorrow, looking forward to a run with some work buddies at lunchtime.


2 Comments:

At 8:50 PM, January 16, 2005, Blogger Horrie said...

Great run today Spud. I don't know how you Ultra guys are able to back up so soon after your truly epic runs. As Mr G so eloquently put it, big hairy balls confirmed. Obviously the recovery is going well.

 
At 11:17 PM, January 17, 2005, Blogger Superflake said...

Good run Spud. Backed up well after Bogong 2 Hotham last week. The 10k must have felt like a training run compared to last week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home