Balmain Bungle-31.9km
Sunday-23/01/05 Well after reading others' blogs on this run I don't have a lot to add.
I ran this STaR last year, it was one of my first, if I remember correctly, ran it with Mister G. I set off with Horrie, Superflake and Blue Dog at 6:10. Plan was to do an easy long run see how the legs felt. Must admit I was feeling fairly sluggish for the first 10km, didn't have much on some of those early hills thru Balmain. I hung on to the guys though and after reaching Lillyfield Rd started to feel better. I progressively felt stronger as the run went on and during the electrical storm felt the best. I was glad it pissed down as the hanging humidity was killing me.
We were passed by the 6:20 group at Parramatta Rd but stayed not far behind them during the storm. Our pace was up and down and I was getting averages from 5:06 to 5:15/km. We definitely picked it up after the 6:20 group came through. We were absolutely drenched but it was fun hurdling at first but then just plodding thru the pools of stormwater. Superflake, Horrie and myself were having a ball. We passed the Professor a short while later but then managed a wrong turn near Marion St costing us an extra 800mtrs or so. No worries we were running 30km minimum no matter what ;-) . On to the Bay Run and again we passed the Professor, but not before Highwayman caught up to us. We arrived back at Brett Park in 2:45 with 31.9km on my GPS. A great morning despite the wet weather, great company too.
I was pleased with how I felt during the back end of this run considering I've put in a pretty big week only 2 weeks after B2H. Total running for the week was 90km.
Monday 24/01/05-I'd planned on riding the M2 this morning, packed the bike in the car last night but lo and behold it's pouring down again this morning. No worries will do something at lunchtime..


2 Comments:
You're absolutely right Spud about the company and the rain. Made for probably my most enjoyable STaR so far. Loved running with you and Superflake as we just seem to be able to click into each other's pace whilst talking and laughing at the same time. Will you be at Dee Why this week?
Will see how I feel towards end of the week but at this stage I really wanna get back out on the Quarry Track for some hills, ya know 6 foot in all ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home