Thursday, January 27, 2005

Thursday-Long 20.1km

Edit PM- In line with others, I've decided to add all mileage to my blog regardless whether ran or walked.Nipped out at lunchtime for a fast 3km walk around Blackman Park and back up by Stringybark Creek to work; legs feel great for it after this mornings run.




Legs were thankful for a day off yesterday and calf tightness was not there any more.
I spent yesterday visiting my brother in law and partner at hospital (new baby). Then the rest of the afternoon relaxing, eating lots of good food and drinking a few beers too. A great way to spend Australia Day.

River/Boardwalk run. Mars Rd-Sam Johnson Way-Footbridge-Chatswood Rotary Track-Lane Cove River-Chatswood Golf Course-Lady Game Dr-LCNP-Scribbly Gum-Plassey Rd-Dehli Rd-East Ryde-Pittwater Rd-Magdala Rd- Boardwalk run along Lane Cove River- Pains Rd-High St-Hunters Hill-Fig Tree Bridge-Bush-Best St- Back to Mars Rd via Lane Cove West.


This mornings run was my midweek long, again through the beautiful LCNP and parts of the Great North Walk, as described above. I ran alone this morning, normally have company, so got away a little earlier. Decided to push the pace a bit today. It was drizzling and humid again. It took a while to "get going" but after a few kms warm up, I felt good. Started off running 5:20/km pace and steadily increased. I had my weekly CR catch up , this time Leftie on his way down to the weir at LCNP. Pushed it up Scribbly and started to knock off a few sub 5min kms. The trail through the bush along Lane Cove River knocks averages back a bit though, with some technical stuff. Had a gu at Magdala Park then headed off for Hunters Hill. Running along the boardwalk section here, above the mangroves, I was surprised to see so many mud crabs quickly darting off to the side as I came through. GPS was giving me 18.5 km as I made my way back to Lane Cove West so I decided to take a small detour and rack up an even 20km.

Ended up with 20.1km in 1:45:20. It was nice to run alone for a change through the bush. I felt like I haven't done that for quite a while.

2 Comments:

At 8:03 PM, January 27, 2005, Blogger Superflake said...

Good run for mid week mate. Seems feet have recovered well from B2H. Now on to 6FT.

 
At 10:42 AM, January 28, 2005, Blogger Spud said...

Looking forward to 6 foot this year. I will have to contend with a visit from my brother next week though, could seriously hamper my training, knowing him there'll be lots of grog consumed. We'll see..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home