Weekend stuff..
Took Saturday off to rest the legs before Sundays Quarry Track long run.
Sunday- Met up with Action,MPHaz,Twopennys and Cherry for 3 laps of Quarry Track.
A good honest marker for where you are with 6 foot training, I will be using this run as a fitness benchmark for future 6 foot races. I had a great run today. Intended on doing 1:15-1:20 laps and ended up with:
1:14:19
1:13:42
1:16:00
Total time 3:44:00 for 39km.
A very humid morning but conditions improved slightly on the second lap when the rain hit.Running the flat on the home straight of the last lap reminded me how I feel on the Black Range at 6 Foot. I ran all but the steepest pinches and felt good at the end. Great training and a good confidence booster for March 12th.
I had 2 gus, a museli slice and half a tub of rice pudding. Drank 3 litres of water and two 750ml bottles of powerade.
This past week has been one of my best training weeks ever. Ran 100kms with a good hills session and a quality intervals session too. Swam and rode also.
Back off a little now and freshen/sharpen up for 6 Foot.


4 Comments:
nice splits and consistent too. It certainly looks like you are ready for a nice little run in the hills in a few weeks.
Sounds like you had a great run Spud. Very consistent pacing for such a long, tough run. You are looking as though you will smash that 5 hour barrier at 6 Foot. Good luck with the taper.
Good run Spud. Obviously playing tour guide hasn't hurt your training. Have a good taper and run strong like the Bogong race.
Actually Superflake the brother is down south near you mate, doing the Great Ocean Rd, so my grog intake has dropped as a result and training has improved ;-)
Post a Comment
<< Home