Croaky Crosstraining Day
Woke up this morning with a raw throat and head all jammed up with cold stuff! Kids have been shnozzled all week, so it's no surprise I've picked something up.
I had planned on a ride on the M2 today before work but decided to stay in bed (10hrs sleep!!!) and then call in sick. I took the kids to school and then hopped on the bike. Rode out to Richmond via the Northern Rd. As soon as I stopped at the traffic lights coming into Richmond bamm... front wheel blew out! Couldn't believe it, I've been getting flats every time I ride these days (definitely need two new tyres). Quickly replaced the tube and 5 minutes later I was off to Windsor passing the RAAF air base on the way. Beautiful morning for a ride, with a cool southerly blowing, however. Rode through Windsor and then headed off to Wilberforce with the wind at my back, I was cruising along averaging 45km/hr. Turned around at the pub and rode back to Windsor into the wind (damned slowly too, speed dropping to 28km/hr), back onto Windsor Rd and home.
Total 50km, average speed 32km/hr.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home