Bobbin Head Revisited STaR-31.5km
Saturday-Took the day off, was busy with family commitments.
Sunday- Bobbin Head STaR- I was looking forward to this run all week having not ran it before. I did run down to Bobbin Head however, as part the Poor Man's Comrades last year, so knew what to expect with the hills.
I set off with a fairly large 6:10 group and we stayed together for the first 17km down to Bobbin Head. With Blue Dog leading the way for the best part of the first half, the pace hovered around 5min/km for a good portion with "Pace Police" O Runner having to step in and pull him back into line a couple of times. We made good progress thus far and with the temperature dropping quite noticeably at the bottom of the hill we were set for the climb out of there. I felt strong on the uphills today and pulled away from the main group with the plan to regroup at the top. Blue Dog came flying by having a blinder and when a large gap opened up between us and the main group I decided to just plug away at 5min kms. Managed to pull up alongside Mike F and another runner and that's how it remained to the finish. There are some nasty little inclines after Bobbin Head to boot (typical Striders course), making this one of the tougher STaRs I've done.
Good to catch up with the usual suspects afterwards.
Pulled up really well today finishing 31.5km in 2:36:35 for 4:58/km. A great hitout before next Sunday's PMC.
So yet another pleasing week with a decent speed session, midweek long and hill session.
Next week I will cut right back, mix in a bike and swim session and rest up for Sunday.
Total for week-115km.


1 Comments:
I reckon I'll need to put a flashing blue light on!!
Well done today you guys were running very strongly
Post a Comment
<< Home