Blacktown Fun Run 10km (26km)
Drove to Miss Skarmel country this morning,Quakers Hill and parked the car there.
Ran 7km to Blacktown Olympic Park, registered and did another 2km on the track.
A big turn out this year for the 10km and a few familiar faces too. Miss Skarmel, Beaky and John Dawlings to name a few. Again the plan today was to hang back first half and see what I had left for the second. I ran a 21:23 first 5km, feeling very comfortable and then turned up the pace for the second half, seen as I was feeling so good. Second 5km split was 20:08 to give me a 41:32. This is my second fastest 10km time and I felt very strong in the back half passing lots of runners, there's a lot to be said about this negative splitting deal.
I watched Miss Skarmel finish looking strong also, but didn't hang around too long. Ran back to the car for another 7km (5min/km) to give me 26km for the day.
A good week all things considered, my head cold is finally lifting.
One good speed session on Tuesday, one very crappy one on Thursday.
A good tempo run at the SS10km, and a very pleasing 10km in the middle of my long run today.
Finished with 111km for the week.
Another big week next week and then I'll ease back the following in prep for Poor Man's Comrades on the 19th.


1 Comments:
Congrats on the fast run at Blacktown. Looks like the cold is definitely on its way out. Might be a chance for the PB at homebush!
Post a Comment
<< Home