Sunday, May 29, 2005

Clovelly Canter-STaR 31.2km

Cold enough to warrant two layers on top and a pair of gloves at the start. Set off with a big 6:10 group, ORunner, Professor, Aunty Karin, KT, MikeF amongst others. We set about knocking off some 5:05-5:10 kms early on but then once we hit the beaches settled into an easy 5:30 pace. I was happy not to push the pace again today, still snorting up copious amounts of snot all morning. I really enjoyed this STaR however, having not ran it before. Lots of beautiful coastline south of Sydney and what about Waverley Cemetery, blew me away, what prime real estate!
Surf was wild making for some impressive breaks with the rising sun in the background.
After 15km the group split with the majority taking the shorter option. Professor and I forged on intent on doing the full 30km.
The run quickly becomes less scenic after we head west away from the coastline and back up through Eastgardens and into Randwick. Prof and I kept a good pace going, eventually finishing with 5:27/km pace. Thanks for the company this morning Prof.

So a pleasing week after last weekends SMH half with a couple of good speed sessions in there and a decent CR 5km tempo run to boot, just wish this cold would bugger off.


Totals for week.

Run-108kms
Bike-50kms

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home