Sunday, July 10, 2005

Resistance training.

Slept in this morning, the howling winds making it easy to stay in bed. I was hoping it would die down but no such luck. Headed out at 9am straight into a fierce south-westerly. For the first 6 km a real battle where at one stage I felt like I was running on the spot. I wore my spray jacket over a coolmax t-shirt which provided good wind resistance but also caught the wind when it was head on, acting like a sail. After 8km I had the wind behind me for a few km, was real nice been blown up hills. 10km-15km and now the winds were swirling all over the place, made for an unpleasant ride. The last 5km with a cross wind were a lot nicer. So all up 20km in 4:58/km pace, pleased to get under 5min pace given the circumstances.
Finished feeling like I had been in a boxing ring though and was a bit beat up. Coughed up a little phlegm but ok now.
Given I've only covered 46km this week instead of my intended 80km, this last "long" one before GC100 was more for the headspace than the body. An easy week ahead with some short faster stuff and then it's off to the Gold Coast on Friday.

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, July 13, 2005, Blogger Superflake said...

Sunday morning was fun running the STaR at Dee Why as well. First 5ks howling wind and cold rain. Lovely stuff.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home