Berowra Big Dipper STaR
Decided to go the STaR instead of SMC as I wanted to see how the legs were doing on a hilly course. I love this course , great bush running with some testing hills. Cool morning but humid, I went out with the 6:10 group which consisted of a few faster runners, ie -Dawn Tiller, Jonathon Worswick (coming back from injury but still very quick!) Warwick Selby and Jenny Truscott. As expected we were knocking off 4:30 kms, averaging just a shade over that by the time we hit the bush at 11km. I was starting to feel the pace and although I stayed with them down to the ferry, I struggled a little coming back up Berowra Waters Rd. Did the Turner St loop back into the bush but decided to go short and head back to the oval. Had only intended on doing 20km but ended up running 26km. Felt pretty ordinary the last 7-8km. This will be a quiet week, rest up with more cross training.


2 Comments:
" some testing hills" thats a nice way of putting it! It was a great run :)
Sounds like you were in the pseudo 6.20 group Spud. I'm not surprised you were feeling it in the last 7-8 kms. Good luck at Brindy on Sunday.
Post a Comment
<< Home