Monday, October 24, 2005

Brindabella Classic 54.5km

A tough day out there, this course was a lot harder than anticipated.
After chatting to Martin Fryer and Ian Wright the night before at dinner, I was told the first half was runnable the whole way.
So with that in mind I set off to experiment a little. I did indeed end up running the first half on some ascents where I would normally power walk. Don't really know if I would of been fresher on the return leg if I'd power walked instead but I was pretty stuffed on any ascents in the second half. Still managed to pick up a few places on the downhills, the track was soft underfoot from recent rains. In fact Julie Quinn (3rd place female) was the only other runner to pass me in the second half. Vanity's crossing at 48km was most welcome for sore aching legs, where I spent a couple of minutes recovering.
I enjoyed this run, another ultra I had been longing to do and with numbers up this year hopefully it will continue. Great catching up with Martin Fryer and Ian Wright too, as well as Sydney CRs Blue Dog, Bernie and Eagle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home