Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Longer Hill Repeats and Track

Wanted some longer hill repeats than the 70 second ones I'd been doing at Sutherland Rd in Lane Cove so decided Mowbray Rd was a good long hill to try out.
I'd been up and down it numerous times as part of my weekly runs and always fancied some reps there anyhow. I was a bit concerned as to how I'd back up with sore calves from Sundays KOM.
2.5km warm up run to bottom of hill and straight into it.

Reps went like this:

1:46
1:47
1:46
1:45
1:44
1:43
1:43

Hills were tough, made all the more interesting with a swirling gusty wind, so I was pleased with the splits. A good hill that really works the hammies and hips. I then warmed down with 5km at Rotary track in the rain.
Ran back up the hill to finish off on the way back to the office.

Total=12.2km

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home