Monday, July 17, 2006

Shoalhaven King of the Mountain 32km




A very nice race with lots of postcard shots. I must admit to presuming there would be more trail in this race but that doesn't take away from the beauty that is the Kangaroo Valley.
Started off feeling fairly clunky and stayed that way for the first 12km, I was happy to watch Tim and the Dog duke it out up front. At the halfway point I started to feel like the mornings drive was finally out of the system and was running a lot better. That feeling lasted all the way until the climb up Mt Skanzi, shit.. prior knowledge of this course would of had me hold back a bit more in the first half. Although very runnable, I slowed to a power walk (as were most around me) but was getting there. The descent on the otherside is fun, just lean down and let it rip. I passed the first female here but she would repass me on the long 7km of flat into the township.
Managed to keep the kms ticking over in sub 5min pace and finished 19th in 2.38.
A well organised, cheap and accurately marked run. I would like to come back and knock 5-10 minutes off that time.
Picked up a nice Puma sports bag at the presentations to cap off a great morning.

3 Comments:

At 12:40 PM, July 17, 2006, Blogger Tesso said...

Great work Spud.

And congrats to Team Mellum for outrunning Team GBH. But what we all want to know is did you outsledge them :-)

 
At 8:14 PM, July 17, 2006, Blogger Horrie said...

Yet another great run Spud. You make running look easy. I also enjoyed the banter yesterday as it just adds a bit of fun to the occasion. See you at 12 Foot.

 
At 12:05 AM, July 18, 2006, Blogger tim said...

go Team Mellum!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home