Striders 10km Lane Cove
A wet morning but it was a whole lot warmer than same time last year, numbers were down as a result. I was pacing 45minutes today, so a tempo run of sorts. I warmed up in the dark with 4 km arriving back at the start in time to pull a layer or two off. Even pacing on this course is not easy at the best of times so I was happy to get through 5km in 22:52 with the kms ticking by in 4:30 +/- 2 seconds. A good sized train with a few familiar faces. The climb to the gates strung it out with a good few falling off. I kept even pace and figured they would catch up on the downhill. A few did, a few didn't, in fact I was alone for a stretch from 6-8km. Blue Dog kept me company and then decided to take off at 8km. I looked behind to see JD and Redback in the distance, not far behind and catching up quickly. They cruised by with a km or so to go and looked the goods for some impressive negative splitting. I got one other guy through just under time before finishing in 44:59.
Warmed down with another 4km and then caught up with a few of the regular stragglers.
Highlight of the day was scoring an almost brand new pair of Reebok Road Lites from Vat. I ran in them and they felt great! Nice one Vat, I owe you a drink or three mate.
Sunday: I planned on running but ended up busy in the garden all day.
So no run, probably not a bad thing to have a day off.


1 Comments:
44:59 - can't get much closer than that. Nice pacing work there Spud.
Post a Comment
<< Home