Hot training
Thursday- Rode a lap of the M2. It had been a while since I last rode on the motorway, kind of warned off it with a spate of accidents over the last year. So with our spin session cancelled, Ii decided to drive to Plassey Rd near LCNP and park the car there and ride to the Dehli Rd on ramp.
Felt great on the bike and was pushing a big gear enjoying my happy little space, thinking hey it's not that bad this motorway. As I approached the turnaround near the M7 start I noticed an accident on the other side of the road. On the return, I noticed a white Azzuri bike was involved with ambulance and truck there too. Just another reminder how unsafe the motorways are. With extra traffic on the M2 as a result of the M7 corridor, my happy space was no longer. Slammed it back to work averaging 36km/hr.
All up 41km. Shame, shame shame..
Friday- Warm morning with a hot one predicted I left early for a "college" run. Felt very sluggish this morning, probably the wine I had last night, so just ambled around in 5min pace.
BBQ work lunch at Banjo Patterson Park should be fun.


1 Comments:
Gee, unsafe alright :-( I'd be sticking to spinning sessions after witnessing all that.
Post a Comment
<< Home